EXP Real Estate – BR Real Estate Group – Chuck Barberini Real Estate
Building your house? How an agent can help.
Hire an Agent When Building a House
Many homebuyers think they don’t need to hire an agent when building a new home. After all, you’re buying directly from the builder and they already have contractors, lenders and inspectors. Why should someone else be brought into the mix?
The truth is, buying any home without an agent can be a costly mistake. It can mean paying more than you should, missed opportunities for upgrades, contract errors that aren’t in your favor or a delayed closing.
Thinking of buying a new construction home? Here are three reasons to have an agent on your side before visiting the sales office:
- Expert Negotiation:While their advertising would have you believe otherwise, builder’s prices aren’t always set in stone. Agents are skilled negotiators who can likely get the price dropped slightly or have a few upgrades thrown in.
- Preferred Vendors:Your builder might have an affiliate mortgage lender or title company, but chances are they aren’t going to offer the best deal. It’s important to shop around, and what’s better than a vendor your agent already knows and trusts?
- Guidance and Support: The homebuying process can be complicated, with lots of twists, turns and steps along the way. When buying new construction, you also have design reviews, electrical work and other construction needs. An agent can guide you through all of these, making sure your purchase stays on track, on time and on budget from start to finish.
It’s important to note that while you may be working with an agent or representative from the builder, they may not have your best interests at heart. Enlisting your own trusted agent can give you an advocate from the very first meeting to closing day.
Are you interested in buying a new construction home? Get in touch today for more info about builders in the area.
- Today’s Mortgage Rates
- EXP Realty – The Agent Owned – Cloud Based Company
- Probate Property Specialist
- Search for Homes
- Tax Deferred System
- Real Estate 4 Life
- Property Management
- Captain Charlie